ALHI & The Code - FAQ's To Get You in The Know
This year and beyond, ALHI is taking a stand to fight again exploitation and trafficking of children. ALHI is now a proud member and endorser of The Tourism Child-Protection Code of Conduct. ALHI is an official member of The Code.
Q. What is The Code?
The Code (short for "The Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism") is a multi-stakeholder initiative with the mission to provide awareness,tools and support to the tourism industry to prevent the sexual exploitation of children.
Q.What is ECPAT-USA?
ECPAT-USA is the leading anti-child trafficking organization in the United States seeking to end the commercial sexual exploitation of children through awareness, advocacy, policy, and legislation.
Q.What does it mean now that ALHI has joined The Code?
ALHI has committed to six essential steps to keep children safe from trafficking.
- Establish a policy and procedures against the sexual exploitation of children
- Train Employees in children's rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation and how to report suspected cases
- Include a clause in contracts through the value chain stating a common repudiation and zero tolerance policy of sexual exploitation of children
- Provide information to travellers on children's rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation of children and how to report suspected cases
- Support, collaborate & engage stakeholders in the prevention of sexual exploitation of children
- Report annually on implementation of the six criteria
Q. What are some ways I can make an immediate impact?
Educate and bring awareness to you and your community. Learn the steps on how to analyze and understand trafficking indicators. To learn more and stand with us, visit thecode.org.