Multimillion-Dollar Upgrades Await in Paradise
Posted on: 17 May 2022
For nearly 25 years, Atlantis Paradise Island has been committed to delivering lifelong memories by providing outstanding service and unique, immersive group experiences that build meaningful connections to the environment, the Bahamian culture, and the people of their community while remaining dedicated to sustainability.
Now the resort is raising the bar even higher with an array of massive upgrades and striking enhancements.
- Renovation of all Royal Tower guestrooms and suites. The Royal East Tower will be completed by summer 2022, closely followed by newly renovated rooms and suites in The Royal West Tower.
- 15th anniversary of the Atlantis Blue Project Foundation (ABPF). Since its inception in 2007, the foundation has been a long standing environmental leader in The Bahamas, creating coral nurseries to propagate corals, cultivating and donating hundreds of mangroves each year to help restore wetlands around The Bahamas, educating the local community about ocean conservation and more. For groups booking a meeting here, up-close encounters with the resort's marine life directly support these initiatives.
- The debut of the Lapis Club Lounge at The Cove, offering breathtaking views of Paradise Island, daily breakfast, hors d’oeuvres, and a full-service bar.
- Introduction of Sapphire Services, a new bespoke concierge offering that includes bookable experiences such as intimate beach dinners, exclusive programming at the resort’s 14-acre marine mammal habitat-Dolphin Cay, and private cabanas.
- The addition of another Michelin-starred chef, Michael White, who will serve modern coastal Italian cuisine at his latest outpost, Paranza at the ultra-luxury The Cove.
Looking beyond 2022:
- The redevelopment of The Beach Tower. In partnership with David Grutman of Groot Hospitality, the resort will open a brand-new “oasis within an oasis,” resort dubbed Somewhere Else. Replacing the current site of The Beach Tower, this unique oceanfront escape, opening in 2024, will offer 400 guestrooms and suites alongside top-tier dining venues, lushly landscaped grounds, multiple pools, recreation areas, upscale amenities, and live performances.
- Total renovation of the Royal’s world-famous Bridge Suite. New design elements will include bold, organic, rich and opulent textures and details that reflect the legend of Atlantis and its oceanic design motif found throughout the resort. Gold finishes will remind guests of found treasures of the lost city of Atlantis and the renovation will be completed in 2023.
- A reimagined Casino. The Atlantis Casino will undergo a refresh that will include modern finishes, shimmering textures, celestial fixtures, and flowing lines echoing the refractions of the sea, creating a grander and even more elegant sense of space. Other updates will include the expansion of the Atlantis Casino’s two on-site lounges, an exciting high-limit slots lounge, and an expansion of the exclusive gaming salon.