The Delos Certificate for Meetings & Events, designed in partnership with ALHI and backed by scientific research, is an engaging certificate program designed to educate hoteliers and meeting planners on the benefits and value of wellness meetings. Graduates of the program will learn how to design, plan, and implement wellness solutions to create safer, healthier experiences for meeting and event attendees.
The Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston staff took advantage of this opportunity with the resort's entire group sales, catering sales, and event planning teams now completing their certification. As more companies aim to increase their involvement in face to face meetings, this certificate is imperative to providing the next level of service by incorporating wellness initiatives into attendee programming.
The Margaritaville Lake Resort events team made this wellness certificate a priority and now has the expert knowledge and skills necessary to turn meetings at the resort into a well-rounded space where attendees and their ideas can truly thrive. For those interested in planning healthier and wellness focused meetings, The Margaritaville Lake Resort provides the perfect locale with an events team strategically enabled to offer and guide innovative wellness solutions within a meeting's scope.
The Benefits of Healthier Meetings
- According to the 2020 Wellness in Meetings and Incentive Travel Study by the Incentive Research Fund, 86% of internal meeting planners and 68% of external meeting planners indicated that wellness was a critical focus for their company or the company they plan for.
- When asked to rate how healthy a standard meeting is, only 30% of meeting planners indicated that their meetings are "mostly healthy" when asked to rate how healthy a standard meeting is with no additional budget.
- According to the Global Wellness Institute, the concept of “Resetting Events with Wellness” was one of the top nine wellness trends of 2021.
- Health support in the workplace is linked to higher presenteeism and productivity.
- Almost two-thirds of employed American adults report that their work is a source of stress. Fortunately, mindfulness has been found to offer benefits including reduced stress and burnout, as well as improved job satisfaction and performance.